Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fun things to do on your weekend off

What did you do this weekend? Did you go blind for an entire day, wander a sheep-grazing field getting harassed by floppy eared goats, climb over a barbed-wire/electric fence combo (still while blind) and then crawl around in a muddy creek on your stomach (again, still while blind)? That's what I did. Seriously. I'm not making any of this up. What in the sweet name of fuckery was I doing? Oh, helping my brother-in-law make a film of course.

Honestly, I should know better by now. I've acted in a few things for him before, and it always seems to end up with me being tortured in new and inventive ways. This time I had to have my entire face covered in liquid latex with big eye-wound things stuck over my eyes because my characters eyes had been gouged out and he wants them back (and is followed around by an evil demon of sorts- also played by me). So, yeah, I was actually blind for the whole day while we shot the eye-gouged guys scenes. And I honestly had to climb a barbed-wire electric fence while still in the fucking blinding makeup. Miraculously I wasn't hurt. Good times.

But seriously folks, the film should be pretty cool. I'm sure it'll get the good old You-Tube treatment when it's done, and I'll post it here. Now I'm going to rub moisturizer into my face because you should see what happens to your skin when you have to peel layer after layer of latex off, repeatedly. It's a cross between eczema and a sunburn. Hurray for films!

1 comment:

alex_ygd said...

I think Spike should make a movie about you acting in this movie except you will be searching for your sanity.

I call executive producer.