Monday, December 3, 2007

Have I told you lately that I love you?

On the eve of my indoor soccer play-offs semi-final, I find myself in a pensive mood. As a more defensive-oriented player I've been thinking back on this fantastic tackle Javier Mascherano made during LFC's must-must win triumph over Porto last week as inspiration for tonights do-or die game. With that in mind, I present the following: Although that tackle isn't in this comp, it still shows why he is easily one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. Here's to you Monster Masch!

1 comment:

alex_ygd said...

With reference to the first two clips, somebody clearly forgot to inform him that tackles from behind are illegal. Especially when you take legs first and ball second. So complaints that those cards are unjustified are misguided. Not that I don't think he is a good player or anything, of course.